Wednesday 15 August 2012

Schwarma

Who doesn't like a good schwarma?
This Lebanese/Middle Eastern street food is a typical fast food stomach filler that can be eaten at anytime as a snack or as a main meal.   

The best schwarma in Hull has got to be the one from KD Burger on Spring Bank. I remember back in the ARKH days, Salam bought us 'gaz' (schwarma sandwich) from there which was SO amazing that I never forgot it. However, I forgot all about it until last year when I started to work really near the shop. I think that Alia and I started to love it a bit too much! Brings back good memories; we even had a leaving lunch with having KD; thats how much we loved it!

Since Alia left and I went to work further away, I didn't get chance to go back, until today. Yep, couldn't resist walking past and not stopping by to get the lamb and chicken schwarma wrap. Got my fix and waiting till the next time!


Since schwarma is so typically Lebanese, I remember that I had it twice during the week or so that I spent there in 2010. I think that this was the first time that I tried schwarma! It was in a shop in Baalbek. It was absolutely delicious. Although I can't really remember how it tasted exactly, I know that it was good. The most striking thing was that they put chips inside...mmmm....


The second schwarma experience was during my last evening in Lebanon. I had absolutely no idea where I was. I stayed with a friend that I had just met at the conference, who was also working with OM. We wondered around looking for dinner and found a little shop. It was a funny experience. We bumped into another guy who my friend knew, who had only recently joined the same organisation. He had only just started learning Arabic, but was getting pretty good, since he wasn't afraid to talk to anyone. As we were waiting for our wraps, he got talking to this random guy. In true Middle Eastern style, that guy ended up buying us our dinner. Oh how I love that part of the world!

Ghadah's recipe for chicken schwarma coming soon!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment