Saturday 4 August 2012

Dai Pan Ji

Maybe I'm going through the reminiscing period of the day. It's just gone midnight and I just came home from a rather traumatic but fun evening. I somehow agreed to help out with looking after the children at another church's conference. Another one of those things that I probably should have said no to. Nevertheless, I managed to entertain about 8 kids ranging from about 2 to 10 years old for 2 hours. No television, no toys. Chocolate, crisps, colouring material, and a tennis ball. I think that it is fair to say that I have gone slightly insane. However, I cannot give enough credit to the sleeping lions/dead fish game. Reminded me of Quinta days when I was a kid. We used to get up to all sorts of things; parachute games, colouring, crafts, running after sheep (the place was in Wales). So, when I was at Priscilla's place last week, with Nora, it definately brought back the memories of those days.

In memory of China, we made 'dai pan ji' which means 'big pan chicken'. I believe that it is a very popular Ughur dish.



When I went to visit Priscilla in Sichuan, China in 2008, we had dai pan ji. I remember that there was about 5 of us girls, sat on stools on the street eating from this pan.


Half way through eating, the lady added some freshly made noodles (hand-pulled in front of us) in the tray.


Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment