Thursday 9 August 2012

ASDA's CYO Pizza



ASDA's Choose Your Own Pizza. 
Nope I am NOT still an employee of ASDA, and I don't get commission. 

Anyone who knows me, knows that I actually loved working at ASDA. Ok, thats pretty sad I guess, but it's true. Somehow, I loved having my own till and just sitting or standing there serving the customers. I heard so many stories, met so many people. I'm always so surprised at how open and friendly people are, especially if they're asked random probing questions by the likes of me! I would never tell someone who I had never met that someone close had just died or something all about my holidays. 

My ASDA days means that I can still remember random codes for the vegetables, I really can't help it! I popped into the little ASDA a short time ago and bought a piece of ginger. I waited a while for the till person to put in the right code number, got impatient and gently told him the right number. How sad am I?! 

It was always interesting to see what people bought; you can often tell what people were having for their tea, whether they had children, having a party, or just coming for the weekly shop. I often finished my shift with a mental note to go and buy all of the things on offer or to find some of the strange items that I never knew about, but had seen people get them. Most of them I never tried. 

BUT, the one thing I was dying to get was the choose your own pizza. I don't know why. I think that it always intrigued me because all the customers would put the pizza on the belt, upside down. I never understood why. 

Well,....it was quite popular.....and I never tried it.....until a few weeks ago. Man, I can get so excited over something so sad like this.....Ironically, I am so so bad at choosing. Honestly, I can't choose anything, especially if there are over two things...I'd so much rather some else chose for me. That really denies the point of this activity, right?......Anyways, we picked, bought, cooked and ate. I can honestly say that it was one of the best pizzas that I have ever eaten. Full stop. It's AMAZING!     

STEP 1: Pick your own pizza base and toppings at the counter. They do it all and wrap it nicely in cling film and stick a pretty label on the front.


STEP 2: After paying for it, take it home. Remove all of the packaging.



STEP 3: Put directly onto the shelf of a pre-heated oven. Leave for about 25 minutes and it's ready.




Can you tell that I was SUPER excited about this whole experience?
ASDA Price, you really can't beat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment