Tuesday 4 September 2012

Jacket Potato



Nothing beats a good old jacket potato.
The best filling? Definately cheese and beans. 

I had a lovely lunch sat outside in the middle of the city centre with Almar. That was the first time that I'd ever bought a potato spud from that trailer during the entire 15 years that I've lived in Hull. Walked past there all the time, but never had the urge to eat there.

Totally reminded me of Nottingham. We used to go shopping in town on Saturdays when I was younger. There was always a jacket pototo trailer outside. The smells of the baked potato and the hot fillings were amazing; wafting through the city centre. I always noticed that was usually a long queue of hungry customers, which indicates that it should have been pretty good stuff. But, I never remember eating it. I wonder whether it is my memory that fails me, or whether I never did try those potatoes....

Nevertheless, Nottingham was a good place to live. It was good times. I think that I must have lived there from when I was about 6 years old until 11; the most carefree and joyful times of my childhood. 

Happy days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment