Monday 23 July 2012

Planet Coffee



I went back to Planet Coffee a couple of times this last month. I used to be a regular; looked forward to getting 10 stamps to get a free GIGANTIC drink- the one with cream and lots of little sweets around it. My usual drink was always tea, or sometimes, I would have hot steamed milk with a shot of coconut syrup for like 80p. Those were the days. Now, I only pop in once in the blue moon.

Planet Coffee was and still is a really popular place for both students and the locals. It used to be really really small...I gradually watched it expand and get more up-market. It was the place where we all went for drinks after my baptism, more than 10 years ago, the gathering place for many a social or work-related meetings. I love driving past on a sunny day to see people sitting outside and absorbing the rather rare rays of  sunlight; feels like you're somewhere else. 

Nowerdays, I prefer to go to people's house. May be it's a sign that I'm getting old.....

No comments:

Post a Comment