Wednesday 18 July 2012

Berries



Still haven't managed to do any new recipes...I just wanted to blog; so think that I'll write about something random. 

I passed by the Goodwin Fairshare Fruit & Veg shop yesterday. I'd been meaning to go there since it first opened, but have never quite made it past the front door. So, I decided to pop in to see whether they had some blueberries. They didn't have any, so I got some strawberries instead. They smelt so good! Brought them back to the office for Thandi. Today I came to work and Thandi handed me a box of blueberries. Love my colleagues!

I still remember 'The Sound of Music'. I watched it so much as a child that I could remember all of the words; my brother and I would always sing and perform the songs- especially 'So long, farewell'. There was a part in the movie where the kids were lying to their father about where they had been. One of the children said that they were berry-picking, to which their father replied that it was too cold. The explanation was that it was so cold that the berries had turned blue!

Actually, I don't really have any recollection of eating blueberries. Only once, and that was with a friend, sat in the middle of Hull bus station one evening. Eating blueberries and strawberries. 
What a random, but memorable evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment