Tuesday 10 July 2012

Fish

Kurdistan Restaurant has recently started to do fish. Fresh seabass with nothing more than a bit of sumac, salt and lemon. It's light, refreshing and satifyingly more-ish. A simple dish, that actually reminded me of two things...



Firstly, when I visited Kurdistan, I only went to one restaurant. And we had fish. We were going on a long drive, in the middle of nowhere and came across two restaurants by the river. Not surprisingly, fish was the main thing on the menu. So fresh, so tasty, so memorable. 


And secondly, eating this fish somehow reminded me of the time in the Bible, when Jesus was on the beach, cooking fish for breakfast. I'm sure he wasn't making fish in batter with chips...it was probably just like this....cooked over an open fire. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment